Tuesday, January 6, 2015

Happy 2015

Well, today officially marks the end of the Christmas season since today is January 6th, the Day of the Wisemen - or the Epiphany.  For my family, that means we start taking down our Christmas decorations. I say "start" because I'm not sure how long it will take us!!

I really don't have a lot of stuff up, but the Christmas tree will take the most time to deconstruct.  This year was the first time since 2010 that we've put up the tree - the first time since my daughter Kelly passed away.  Since my hubby traveled so much, Kelly was always my Christmas decorator helper, and when she was gone, I honestly didn't have the heart for decorating.  
This year though, my mom came to visit from Arizona, and she & I trimmed the tree in our TV room, and put up a few other decorations.  I really enjoyed the time spent with her doing that, and really felt good about having the tree up.  It was so pretty with the lights on. 

I even put our college snowmen under the tree! (smile)  Aren't they cute??
Here are a few other favorites that will be packed up.  I found the plaque last year at an "after Christmas sale" for REALLY cheap, and the little snowmen I made almost 20 years ago from terra cotta pots.  As you can see, the "daddy" snowman is missing an eye -oops!  I'll have to fix that before next year - LOL.
The stuffed snowmen came from a local department store that used to sell a different one each year.  The store has been sold to someone else now, and they don't offer that anymore.  They do make a cute addition to the wall over the TV though.
My very favorite is a counted cross stitch Santa that I made a long time ago.  He sits on the mantle every year.  I don't remember how long it took me to complete it, but I do remember spending a bundle on getting it framed!!  It will be a nice heirloom.  


The last thing is our "Charlie Brown Tree"!  This tree is always put on our counter, and Earl has started adding his own ornaments to it (I keep trying to tell him that it's only supposed to have the one red bulb!! LOL)  Can you tell he's a Michigan State University fan???


Oh, and the Santa suit........it's a wine bottle cover!!  Too funny.
So, do you observe the Day of the Wisemen, or are all of your Christmas decorations already packed up, and stored away? Whatever your tradition is, I hope you have an incredible and blessed year.  Let's really do up 2015!!

No comments:

Post a Comment