Tuesday, December 2, 2014

Christmas Luminary

Happy December everyone!!  Please tell me - where did November go??  I had so much going on (vacation, work, Thanksgiving) that it just flew by for me.  Do you feel the same way?  I'll share some of my November fun & adventures in future posts.

Today, I want to bring to you my completed Christmas Luminary - yeah!!  I'd posted a little while ago, one that I'd made for Halloween, along with the instructions.  At that time, I mentioned that I was going to do one for Christmas, and here it is...........

Side 1
Side 2
I used basic Christmas colors.  In Stampin' Up! language, the colors are Real Red, Garden Green, Whisper White and Soft Suede.  As you can see, there is a little light shining thru the vellum.  I'm not crazy that it's showing up yellow, but it is what it is - I found them at the dollar store; two in a pack!  Perhaps I'll look for some different little battery operated tea lights that shine clear or white.


Something I did differently for this luminary is use 
2 1/2" white circles on the ends, which mimic the vellum circles in size.  I chose to stamp Christmas trees on them because....I just love Christmas trees!! The Festival of Trees Photopolymer set in the Stampin' Up! Holiday catty was perfect for this.



You may also notice that I used some retired stuff (I know, I know).  I used the Border Banner set and the Sweet Essentials set for the inscriptions.  The little gingerbread boy, candy canes & hot chocolate mug all came from the Scentsational Season set, along with the matching Holiday Collection Framelits.  I just can't part with those yet.  I hope you purchased them when they were current! If you don't have them, the Bright & Beautiful star set with the matching framelits would be a great option (see them here, and here).  I might try that myself on another luminary - once I get them!

I'm really not feeling that yellow light!

I added a star from the Itty Bitty Accents Punch Pack -
I think I'll put a little rhinestone in the center -
Love that bling!!


So, what do you think?  Will you try your hand at making one of these cute little luminaries?  They really are not difficult.

Here is a list of all of the current products that I used.  You can order them here.

  • Trim the Tree Designer Series Paper Stack - 135824
  • Real Red Cardstock (12"x12") - 124290
  • Whisper White Cardstock (8 1/2"x11) - 100730
  • Real Red Classic Stampin' Pad - 126949
  • Garden Green Classic Stampin' Pad - 126973
  • Soft Suede Classic Stampin' Pad - 126978
  • Festival of Trees Photopolymer Stamp Set - 135059
  • Tree Punch - 135859
  • Itty Bitty Accents Punch Pack - 133787

Thanks for stopping by......
Hugs!!

No comments:

Post a Comment