Monday, December 15, 2014

Creative Blog Hop: Festival of Trees

***Sorry this is late. I thought I'd scheduled this to post on Monday but I must have missed a step!!  Hopefully you will enjoy....

Happy Monday!!!

I was nominated by my upline, Susan LaCroix to participate in this Blog Hop, and of course I accepted.  How much fun!!  I chose the stamp set Festival of Trees because I LOVE Christmas trees.  They are a great way to show your individual creativity, and add so much to the joyous holiday season. 

Sorry about the lighting - it was late at night in my craft room.

This is one of the cards that my Stamp Class did last week.  I had seen something similar in the Silhouette Cameo Design Studio, then I saw a card done by another stamper, Paula Reid, on Pinterest, that was also very similar.  I decided to make mine a little easier though since we had several projects to complete in the class. I just love this set and the coordinating punch, and I've used them quite a lot since they came out in the Holiday Mini Catalog.



The card went together very quickly, with one piece of stamped, then embossed Whisper White at the top of the folded card front, and a smaller piece of DSP (from the Trim the Tree Designer Series Paper Stack), at the bottom of the card front.  I originally left the Whisper White plain, but it seemed too flat, hence the embossing.



The next step was just to stamp three trees and punch them out.  The tree stand did have to be "fussy-cut", but it didn't take long and no one complained.  LOL  

The trees were adhered to the card front with Stampin' Dimensionals, and for added interest, the stars were punched out of Glimmer Paper.

Love my stamps - can you tell?? That's what the Cherry Cobbler ink did!!

Ta da.........easy peasy!!  Try it.  I'll list all the products used at the end of the posting.

For the Blog Hop, I have to answer a few questions, so don't leave yet.....here they are:

What are you working on?
Currently, I'm working on Christmas gifts.  I decided that I would make gifts for many of my friends & family.  Once I got started, I couldn't stop, and I'm having a BALL.  I'm just not sure who I'll be giving all these gifts to!  LOL  
I'll show you what I've done in later posts.

How does your work differ from others in your genre?
I have realized - much to my surprise - that my favorite style is Shabby Chic.  NOT Vintage - there is a definite difference.  I love Shabby Chic because I LOVE layers and textures, and bits of this & that.  My dad said when I was little, I had to touch everything; I'm still very tactile.  I guess that's where my love for textures comes from.  While Shabby Chic is my fave, it doesn't mean that's the only style I enjoy doing. I love a good clean, unstructured project too - sometimes (smile).

Why do you create what you do?
Honestly?  I create what I "feel" at the time I'm working on a project. Does that sound strange?  I just know for me that if I'm not "feelin' it" - it's not going to work.  So, whether it's a card, a scrapbook page, a painting, sewing or cooking, I'm in tune with what I'm creating.  But aren't all creative people like that?

How does your creative process work?
I'm inspired in many different ways.  I may see something that was created by someone else, and think, "I'll try that - but do it this way".  Or, I may see a picture in a magazine with a certain color combo, and work that into a card.  When it comes to sewing I will often see the price of an item, and KNOW that I can create it - better & cheaper!  I usually do some tweaking along the way before I end up with my final "proto-type"; that's all part of the process - which I love.

OK - that's it.  Please make sure you check out the next stop on the Blog Hop next Monday, December 22nd.  The person I nominated is....

Gloria Pollack who was my very first recruit, and a wonderful friend.  She's also very talented.  Love this lady!!

Here is the supply list from my card. You can order all of these items thru my store here.

  • Festival of Trees Stamp Set   135059
  • Endless Wishes Stamp Set   136829
  • Trim the Tree DSP Stack   135824
  • Mossy Meadow Cardstock   133676
  • Whisper White Cardstock   100730  
  • Gold Glimmer Paper   133719  
  • Cherry Cobbler Ink Pad   126966
  • Mellow Moss Ink Pad   133645
  • Early Espresso Stampin' Write Marker   119680
  • Decorative Dots Embossing Folder   133520
  • Itty Bitty Star Punch   133787
  • Tree Punch   135859

Well - thanks for stopping by today.  I hope that you have a wonderfully creative week.


No comments:

Post a Comment