Monday, February 23, 2015

A Look Back at Valentine Gifts

I wanted to make something unique for my guys for Valentine's Day (that would be hubby Earl, and son Jack). Chocolate is a given, but I wanted something special to go with it. I decided to use the Christmas present I received from hubby (I actually used it to make several Christmas gifts for friends & family since I got it as an early present). Wanna know what it is?


Can I just tell you how much I enjoy this? I don't know why I didn't get one before, but I am trying to make up for lost time!! LOL

If you have followed any of my blogs, you may have read that my son Jack is an artist. I'd like to believe that the nut didn't fall far from the tree (hee-hee), so I like to make him artsy stuff sometimes - just to remind him where he got his talent from (now I'm really laughing). Anyway, Silhouette has a plethora of images, etc. that can be downloaded, printed or die cut, and I came across this one.  I thought it would be perfect for Jack.
Since blue is Jack's favorite color, I just painted a canvas in shades of blues then adhered the vinyl die cuts to the front. He has it up in his apartment.


Earl always calls me "sunshine", so I wanted to do something bright and "sunny" for him.  Here is the first step......

and I picked this one for him.....because he is also my sunshine......
Isn't it sweet?? He has it in his office - on top of one of the many truck models that he has collected - LOL.
This little machine is a lot of fun, and I'll show you at another time some of the gifts I made for Christmas...I was on a roll!!

Here are the cards I made my guys......

I used retired Stampin' Up! stamps & Designer Series Paper along with current card stock. Quick & easy.  I sent one to my family in Arizona also....
had to add a little bling.......
Yep - I used more retired stuff, but I can't seem to get rid of things I love. Do I have a hoarding problem????

I hope your Valentine Day was special. Earl & I decided to stay it - the weather was TERRIBLE (surprise), and we had grilled steaks and baked potatoes. It was made with love - and de-lish!!

No comments:

Post a Comment