Wednesday, October 22, 2014

Quick & Easy Masculine Card

I couldn't believe that I found myself, at the last minute, without a card for my hubby's birthday!!  REALLY???  How does that happen!!  So, needless to say, I needed to make something quick - and it had to be fairly easy because I was so short on time.  I'd seen a card using the Lovely as a Tree stamp set - well, I've seen a LOT of cards using that stamp set because it has been around forever - it is so popular.  Anyway, that was the set I decided to use....and here's the card I came up with.


This could really be used for many occasions - just change the colors and the sentiment.  Here's all I did.

I layered Early Espresso card stock on Old Olive card stock, and that on Whisper White card stock, which made up the card base.  Next, on another piece of Whisper White card stock, I started with Crushed Curry ink, and the long narrow stamp from the Work of Art stamp set, and stamped it several times, close together.  I used Soft Suede ink next, and finally Old Olive ink.

I stamped the trees (from the Lovely as a Tree stamp set) and the greeting from the Four You stamp set, using Early Espresso ink.  Next I just tied a little linen thread around the piece and attached it to the card front with dimensionals.  There you go......quick & easy.  Give it a try.     

No comments:

Post a Comment