Monday, February 24, 2014

A Masculine Thank You Card

Good Morning - or Afternoon (depending on where you are right now) - thanks for stopping by my blog today.  I am so happy the the sun is shining here - even if it's only 19 degrees!  The sun just warms my soul!  I want to share with you a card that I made a while ago, when I needed to send a "thank you" to a special male.  I don't know about you, but it seems that many of the cards I make end up looking a little too girly for guys.  You know, with flowers, ribbon/bows, bling, etc.  So whenever I want to send out a masculine card, I have to really dig through my stash - and often end up making one because I just don't have that many.  I think this one will be nice to alter & replicate though, and keep in my card box.  I hope you like it.

In this original card, some of the supplies are retired unfortunately.  The Designer Series Paper that I used for instance, but we have others that would work well, like Soho Subway (#130140) in the annual catty, or even High Tide (#132992) in the Occasions catty.  Likewise, the embossing folder is an old one I received as a gift (I don't even remember if it was Stamin' Up! or just one from Sizzix).  It can easily be replaced though by one of several current Stampin' Up! embossing folders - like Square Lattice (#119976).  The square brad is another item no longer available, but not to worry - just use our Antique Brads (#117273).




So - here is a remix - all supplies are current.  What do you think about this one?




Stamp Sets: The Open Sea, Sweet Essentials; Cardstock: Midnight Muse, Very Vanilla, Early Espresso; 
DSP: Soho Subway; Ink: Early Espresso, Midnight Muse; Embellishments: Antique Brad, 
Cherry Cobbler Baker's Twine, Square Lattice Embossing Folder

I changed this a little by embossing a smaller piece of card stock and adhering that to the card front first.  I  stamped on the top piece of DSP with both ink colors, and did a lot of shading.  I also decided to change my inscription.  To top it off, I had to add that cute little anchor to the inside of the card. 

Now it's your turn.  Take an old card, and "remix" it!  You don't even need to use the same stamp set, or colors.  Use your old cards as inspiration for layouts to fit the stamping' supplies you already have.  Let your creativity flow free..........

Hugs, 
Nancy  

No comments:

Post a Comment