Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Hands of an Artist

I'm in the Metro area, and I was so happy to be able to see my son Jack today.  He lives about three hours away from us, and with my schedule and his, I just don't get to see him as much as I'd like to.  My husband sees him more frequently because he travels to the other side of the state about twice a month.  Jack is doing his Masters at Cranbrook Art Institute in Print Media, and has been hard at work preparing for his "Review" by the Artists in Residence - which is tomorrow.  This will be his first review, so he wanted to do his best work, of course.  

To help pay the bills, Jack also works as a server at a really good bar and grill called Champs.  The food is yummy, and he is the best server there! (I'm not biased)  So, Jack was working today, and I decided to kill three birds with one stone - (1) I'd get to see my son, (2) I could help him out a little financially (with a generous tip), and (3) I could get a REALLY great Greek Salad.  While there, we were able to talk a little, and I took some pictures to remind him of his hard work.  I have entitled this.....The Hands of an Artist.



Jack really likes the fact that he has a bandaid on one finger, and ink under his nails (sounds like a stamper) - so I had to feature those points!  We are so proud of him, and happy that he was accepted into such a prestigious school - the one he really wanted to attend.

No comments:

Post a Comment