Monday, February 24, 2014

By Faith

I'm not a preachy person, but I am going to share a little of myself with you right now........
The other morning, I was in a major funk - do you ever feel like that?  Nothing specific, just not feeling particularly happy, dis-satisfied with just about everything in your life, and NOT counting your blessings?  Well, that's how I was feeling as I was driving to the grocery store.  As I pulled closer to the car in front of me, I looked at the license plate and it read "BYFAITH".  Can I tell you how just reading that license plate changed my attitude instantly?  Evidently, I needed to be driving behind that car that particular morning, because there could not have been a more poignant message for me at that moment.

So, what is "faith"?  You can find several definitions when you look it up.  To begin with, this noun comes from the Old French word feid, meaning “faith, belief, trust, confidence, pledge.”  It's often used when describing religion or the supernatural: people have faith in God, or actually refer to the religion they practice as their faith. Some choose to have the same amount of faith in a good friend or a well written recipe — anything that will come through for them in a time of need.  So when you have faith, you trust or believe in something VERY strongly.


For me, it is faith that God will take me where I NEED to go, WHEN I need to be there.  He has been with me through so many challenging and tragic events in the last five years.  I have no reason to not continue to count my blessings, get out of my funk, and by faith KNOW that He will take care of me.  So remember, when you start feeling down - look up!!  I am ending this blog post with the verse that became my favorite following my life saving surgery, and one that I continue to hold dear.



Hugs, 
Nancy


   
 

No comments:

Post a Comment