Friday, March 14, 2014

Burlap and Blooms Wreath Class

Stampin' Up! comes out with the coolest kits for card making and paper crafting.  One of the kits in the newest Occasion catalog (see the catty to the right), is the very cute 
Burlap and Blooms Simply Created Wreath Kit (#133333 -$17.95).   It reminds me of spring, so I knew I had to make one.  Before leaving for Florida, I had a class to work on these wreaths.  We had a fun and relaxing time making them.
 Here are all of the pieces of the kit.

I follow written directions well, but decided to watch a couple of videos on making the different flowers.  I thought that might be quicker, and they were really helpful.  Making the flowers basically involved folding, rolling and punching out and gluing pieces together.  A glue gun really is a must to ensure that the pieces stay together.  


See my cute little zebra striped glue gun?




After assembling all of the flowers, I wrapped the wreath form in burlap and started creating the wreath.


Here is the completed wreath with just the kit components.  Darling, huh?

So next, I had a couple of flower dies, and decided to use them to make a few extra flowers.  You can see them added to the wreath in the photos below.  I put a little pearl in the center of the flowers I made with the Stampin' Up! Spiral Flower die (#129379 - $17.95).  This die is also in the new Occasions catty.






So what do you think?  I think that the added flowers gave the wreath a nice touch, and certainly made it fuller.  Order this kit yourself, and put together this wreath to help welcome in spring - or you could give it as a gift to brighten someone's day. 

No comments:

Post a Comment