Thursday, January 23, 2014

Another Snowy Michigan Morning!!!!

I woke up this morning to the sound of a text message alert on my phone, and to yet another blizzardy (is that even a word?) day.  The message was from my sister, who had just gotten on the highway - headed to her new home in Arizona.  I was a little worried because of the weather needless to say, so I couldn't go back to sleep.  The plows and snowblowers and shovelers were out at our condos for hours.  Then, as if a switch was flipped, the SUN came out.  It was out for about 4 1/2 hours!  Whoop whoop!!  I also have heard from my sister who is now in Missouri for the night - with only patches of snow in the fields along the way (she said it is still pretty cold though).  At least she's out of the bad weather.

The card challenge I entered, gave me a jump-start on my Valentine cards.  I'm not sure how many I'll make or send out, but here are a couple that I didn't enter in the challenge.  The first card is SO easy to make, and similar to the challenge card I made.  The Washi tape was from the Holiday catty, so it is retired (sadly).  Then I just die cut the larger heart, (Hearts Collection Frame Lits #125599), embossed it (Adorning Accents Embossing Folder #125601) and punched out the smaller hearts (Small Heart Punch #117193).   


The card uses Crumb Cake and Cherry Cobbler card stock.   

I really like the second card the best, and considered putting it in the challenge, but I saw a similar card last summer by another demonstrator, and I think mine is too close to hers to count as a "new" card, and not one CASEd.  Unfortunately, I had not written down the name of that demo so I could give her credit here.  This one uses the Gorgeous Grunge stamp set (#130514 - wood mount, #130517 - clear mount) - LOVE IT - and the Empressions Thin Lit die from the Holiday catalog.  I'm sad that it is now retired!

This card uses Whisper White, Raspberry Ripple and Primrose Petal card stock.

Tomorrow I plan to work on the newest Paper Pumpkin kit, and I'll show you what I come up with.  If you haven't joined Paper Pumpkin yet, now is the right time to do so.  These kits allow you to create quick, easy and cute projects.  Perfect for people with very little time. 


If you join Paper Pumpkin now through February 10th, you will get a Free Set of In Color Markers ($14.95 value) when you sign up for a new  Membership. 
  
So, I will catch up with you later.  Thanks for stopping by again.

Hugs, Nancy

No comments:

Post a Comment